Improve Colour Mapping
This ticket is to collect and define the requirements, and ultimately implement them for how colour mapping should be handled in NifTK. Some recent changes in MITK have caused recent changes in NifTK that were undetected, as there was no real requirements from us in the first place.
So, people should add below what their requirements are, specifying them as exactly as possible.
Requirements are (please add to this list)
- By default, a grey lookup table should be applied.
- Colours will be mapped through the lookup table using a linear ramp.
- For float images, NaN will be displayed as | (Jamie to specify).
- There must be the facility to map values below a threshold to transparent, and/or values above a threshold to transparent (Nicholas?)
- Multiple colour maps will be provided as in the current Image Lookup Tables plugin. Are any more required?
- A user preference (checkbox + min/max spin box) should be set to enable a default window/level to be applied to each image on startup.
- A user preference (checkbox) to enable the Window/Level or Min/Max settings in Image Lookup Tables to be applied to all currently loaded images. (just volume images? would we do single slices? Currently I think yes, as long as they are not RGB).
- I believe this requires a default Image Rendering.Mode property of "LookupTable, LevelWindow, Colour" to be applied to each image... or preferably just "LookupTable, LevelWindow", as I am unclear as to why MITK then map it through a colour value.
- It also requires a default grey scale colour map to be applied to every image as it is loaded. Video is done as RGB pixel type, which should skip the lookup table anyway.